Cannabis and the great green rush
Marijuana is the most cultivated, trafficked and abused illicit drug worldwide. But the list of European countries that see clear medical benefits from the plant and want to legalise cannabis for medical purposes has grown long. Canadian manufacturers in particular have been signing export deals with European governments to get a foot in the door in the billiondollar business.
Gold fever is growing in the industry, but doctors urge caution on the path to improving care for patients.
In this issue:
- Ruling under fire: Scientists press EU Commission to modernise GMO legislation
- Artificial Intelligence: How the new paradigm of AI is disrupting drug development
- Bioeconomy/COP24: Biotech leaders and climate experts call for a carbon tax
- Biofairs Compass: The ultimate guide to relevant life sciences events in H1/2019
- Interviews, news from our partner associations Swiss Biotech Association, Medtec Europe and EuropaBio.